Northern Lisbon Wine Tasting
Walk your way through two historic Portuguese wineries on a private tour from Lisbon to Cheleiros and Bucelas. Discover distinctive varieties and local grapes, and get a personal introduction to the wine regions of Portugal. Sample artisanal olive oil with traditional breads. Have plenty of time to explore two picture-perfect rural villages and their surrounding vineyards.
Taste rare wines, including one thought to be extinct, learning the local history along the way.
95€ per person (minimum 2)
Free tour for children up to 3 years old;
50% off for children between 4 and 12 years old.
- Taste the wines of Portugal’s Cheleiros and Bucelas wine lands;
- Learn about and taste a wine that was long thought to be extinct at the ManzWines cellar;
- Discover the “Prince of Portuguese Wines” at the Quinta da Murta in Bucelas;
- Sample a variety of Portuguese wines, local breads and olive oils;
- Marvel at the picturesque villages and vineyards north of Lisbon.
What to Expect
Following a pick-up from your hotel or the cruise ship terminal in Lisbon, drive to Cheleiros. Therefore, leave the city behind, for a scenic landscape of grape vines and farm fields. Discover an old parish that dates back to the 14th century. Hear about some of the prehistoric communities and past civilizations that used to live in this village. Also, taste some of the regional wines, such as those produced by the small producer, ManzWines.
In order to restore wine activity to the region, the ManzWines family use traditional Portuguese grape varieties. Such as the unique Jampal grapes, that produce a white wine thought to be extinct. Taste 6 wines from different regions, that range from Lisbon to the Douro and Península de Setúbal wine region. Furthermore, sample local olive oils and traditional bread along the way.
Continue to the Quinta da Murta in Bucelas, to discover the “Prince of Portuguese Wine.” Savor the famous dry white wine produced from the Arinto grape. It was firstly introduced to the region by the Romans, over 2,000 years ago. For many centuries, it was the only white wine produced in Portugal. Taste 3 different wines from this region. Finally hear how the Portuguese sailors of Vasco de Gama’s flagship “São Gabriel”, enjoyed a great Bucelas wine following their return to Lisbon after discovering the trade routes to India.
Take advantage of this private tour visiting historic sites. Stroll in the vineyards or just soaking up the country charm of Portugal’s rural towns. Finish the day with a relaxing return transfer to Lisbon.
- Pick-up and drop off at a hotel or cruise port in Lisbon;
- Transportation by air-conditioned car or van;
- Wine, olive oil and traditional bread tasting;
- Entrance fees;
- Private guide.
What's Not Included
- Lunch and any other items not mentioned in the description.
Know Before You Go
- Be sure to bring comfortable shoes, sunscreen, and a camera;
- Hotel/Airbnb etc. clients must provide the following information at time of booking: hotel name and address;
- Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, disembarkation time and re-boarding time;
- Dress code is smart casual.