Lisbon’s Forgotten Historical Palaces Tour (National Queluz and Ajuda Palace)
Discover Lisbon’s history that is often forgotten by the usual tourist routes, the National Palace of Queluz and Ajuda. Step back from the traditional tours and see another part of history as you wander through gardens and palaces overflowing with history.
75€ per person (minimum 2)
Free tour for children up to 3 years old;
50% off for children between 4 and 12 years old.
- With your expert Guide, discover the fascinating National Palácio de Queluz;
- Behold the beauty of the National Palácio da Ajuda;
- Stroll through the charming gardens of one of Lisbon’s most captivating palaces.
What to Expect
Get off the beaten track and join this private tour to Queluz and Ajuda Palace. After being picked up from your hotel in Lisbon, head to the fascinating Palace of Queluz. Inside, discover a combination of Baroque, Rococo and Neoclassical architectural designs, whilst in the gardens a French architectural style awaits you. In the elegant Throne Room, admire gold carvings and mirrors and see where royals used to host their guests.
In the garden, wander among lakes, fountains and lead statues depicting mythological scenes. Finish your tour of this palace at the amazing “Canal dos Azulejos”. Here you can admire 18th-century tile designs and see where the royal family used to ride a small boat on sunny afternoons.
Next, head back to Lisbon, to visit the Ajuda Palace, located in the Belem neighbourhood. Inside, admire extravagant furniture, tapestries, sculptures, and decorative arts. Make your way through the impressive Dining Room, admiring crystal chandeliers, silk-covered chairs, and an allegory of the birth of King João VI on the ceiling. At the end of the tour, get dropped back at your hotel in Lisbon.
- Pick-up and drop off at a hotel or cruise port in Lisbon;
- Entrance fees to the National Queluz Palace and Gardens;
- Entrance fees to the National Ajuda Palace;
- Private guide for your group, who will accompany you inside the monuments and locations;
- Transportation by air-conditioned car or van.
What's Not Included
Lunch and any other items not mentioned in the description.
Know Before You Go
- Be sure to bring comfortable shoes, sunscreen, and a camera;
- National monuments close on public holidays or on special occasions, without notice;
- The sequence of the mentioned places can change according to your wishes or due to weather conditions.