Natural & Historical Arrábida
Marvel at the charming combination of history and natural beauty on this private guided tour of Arrábida from Lisbon. You will see the natural beauty of Arrábida Mountain Park and explore top cultural attractions like Arrábida Convent, Forte de São Filipe and Livramento Market.
85€ per person (minimum 2)
Free tour for children up to 3 years old;
50% off for children between 4 and 12 years old.
- Marvel at magnificent mountain scenery in the Arrábida Natural Park;
- Stop and see the Arrábida Convent and learn about its history;
- Visit the first Star Fortification in Portugal;
- Discover what was elected as the one of the best fish-markets in the world;
- Get off-the-beaten track with an expert guide.
What to Expect
You’ll travel south from Lisbon to Azeitão, a picturesque region noted for its wines and cheeses. On this full-day excursion you’ll visit the natural reserve of Arrábida, where you’ll take in stunning mountain views. Learn about the area’s history, experience some of its top products, and visit its beaches (during the summer). Along the way, you will stop to see the Arrábida Convent, Lapa de Santa Margarida, before reaching the historical centre of Setúbal.
In Setúbal, discover the first Star Fortress in Portugal. The São Filipe Fortress, build in the 16th century. Resulted of the orders of the king, for the fortification of the coastline that protected Setúbal and the entrance of the Sado river. The interior space, which originally included the Governors House and military. There is a small baroque chapel, still preserved, dedicated to Our Lady dated 1736.
Another special location is the Livramento Market that was established in 1930.
In June/2015 by USA Today Travel (Food & Wine), considered this market as one of the 10 best fish markets of the world. The market’s distinctive tiled walls, called “Azulejos”, comprised of 5,700 decorative tile pieces, the wall panels measure about 1,259 square feet and depict scenes of everyday local activities such as fishing and farming. You will see an assortment of local seafood laid out on counters and get to know how fish actually look like…
To end your experience, we head back to Lisbon in a relaxing drive.
- Pick-up and drop off at a hotel or cruise port in Lisbon;
- Transportation by air-conditioned car or van;
- Entrance fees;
- Private guide for your group, who will accompany you inside the monuments and locations.
What's Not Included
- Lunch and any other items not mentioned in the description.
Know Before You Go
- Be sure to bring comfortable shoes, sunscreen, and a camera;
- Hotel/Airbnb etc. clients must provide the following information at time of booking: hotel name and address;
- Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, disembarkation time and re-boarding time;
- National monuments close on public holidays or on special occasions without notice;
- The sequence of the mentioned places can be changed according to customer’s will or due to weather conditions.