setúbal region wine tasting
Setúbal Region Wine Tasting
Tantalize your taste buds on this private guided Setúbal region wine trip from Lisbon. You will stop in three of the region’s cellars, tasting up to 10 different wines. Besides that, you also will taste fine traditional locally produced products, and marvel at the spectacular mountain scenery.
85€ per person (minimum 2)
Free tour for children up to 3 years old;
50% off for children between 4 and 12 years old.
- Venture to one of Portugal’s most scenic wine region with an expert guide;
- Sip Portuguese wine as you learn about the local varietals and traditional products;
- Admire breath-taking views of the Arrábida Natural Park mountain range;
- A full-day private tour and wine tasting in Setúbal, departing from Lisbon.
What to Expect
On this full-day tour, you will travel first to Azeitão, an area that is well known for its wines and cheese. You will visit some of the region’s top wine cellars and taste fine wines and other produces.
One stop will be at the renowned wine cellars of José Maria da Fonseca, where you will learn about the winery’s history, since 1834, and sample 2 of its wines.
Another, you will visit Quinta de Alcube, a wine cellar owned by a family for over a century. It is a traditional cellar, that produces up to 350,000 litters per year. Here you will taste 5 of their wines. These wines are sold only directly to customers, making it difficult to find in shops.
Your third and final experience, taste up to 3 more wines, in a mid-sized winery, or even the “Mother House” of the wine region, where you can see what most of the 21 different wineries produce in the region.
You will also sample some traditional local produced cheese, bread and other goods.
In addition to all the tastings, you will marvel at the views of the Arrábida Natural Park, mountain range and its history.
- Pick-up and drop off at a hotel or cruise port in Lisbon;
- Transportation by air-conditioned car or van;
- 10 Wines in total in the three cellars you will visit;
- Tasting of traditional cheese breads and other goods;
- Entrance fees;
- Private guide.
What's Not Included
Lunch and any other items not mentioned in the description.
Know Before You Go
- Be sure to bring comfortable shoes, sunscreen, and a camera;
- At time of booking, hotel/Airbnb etc. clients must provide the following information at time of booking: hotel name and address;
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, disembarkation time and re-boarding time;
- Dress code is smart casual.