Sesimbra History & Birdwatching
Soak up Portugal’s serene nature on this full-day private guided tour of Sesimbra, at the foothills of the Serra da Arrábida, near Lisbon. Voyage south from the capital, and discover pine forests and a stunning natural lagoon. Your journey continues to Santuário de Nossa Senhora, Cabo Espichel and the charming fishing town of Sesimbra.
80€ per person (minimum 2)
Free tour for children up to 3 years old;
50% off for children between 4 and 12 years old.
- Travel through Portuguese pine forest to the Albufeira Lagoon;
- Birdwatch observatory in a rare natural lagoon environment;
- Visit Cabo Espichel and the Santuário de Nossa Senhora;
- Climb up to Sesimbra Castle for spectacular ocean views and visit this fishing village.
What to Expect
On this private tour, we will drive south from Lisbon, until passing through a vast pine forest on the way to the natural Albufeira Lagoon. The lagoon is integrated in a dune system that comprises Lagoa Grande (great lagoon), Lagoa Pequena (little lagoon), and Lagoa da Estacada. You will have a chance to admire the traditional Mediterranean pine forest that surrounds the lagoon. The main trees being the stone pine and maritime pine, as well as some cork and eucalyptus. Here in the lagoon area, you will stop to see the bird observatories. Later we continue your drive to the Cabo Espichel.
In this cape, you will take in the beauty of the natural surroundings and the history of this cape. Also visit the Santuário de Nossa Senhora, built during the 18th century, and then head to the Pedra da Mua e Lagosteiros field, to see one of the most popular dinosaur footprint tracks in Portugal.
Next on the itinerary is the fishing village of Sesimbra. Climb up to the Sesimbra Castle for fantastic views over the sea.
Before returning to Lisbon, we can still visit the fishing town of Sesimbra.
- Pick-up and drop off at a hotel or cruise port in Lisbon;
- Transportation by air-conditioned car or van;
- Entrance fees to the bird observatory;
- Private guide that will accompany to all the sites and locations.
What's Not Included
- Lunch and any other items not mentioned in the description.
Know Before You Go
- Be sure to bring comfortable shoes, sunscreen, and a camera;
- Hotel/Airbnb etc. clients must provide the following information at time of booking: hotel name and address;
- Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, disembarkation time and re-boarding time;
- National monuments close on public holidays or on special occasions, without notice;
- The sequence of the mentioned places can be changed according to customer’s will or due to weather conditions.