A Fisherman’s Day
Delve into Portugal’s traditional fishing heritage on this private guided fishing experience from Lisbon that includes a traditional lunch. This tour offers a view of Lisbon’s fishing culture that’s not often seen by travellers. You will explore a traditional fishing village near the capital and learn the local lifestyle. During the tour, stop for lunch in Setúbal, a traditional fishing town filled with a classic rustic appeal.
85€ per person (minimum 2)
Free tour for children up to 3 years old;
50% off for children between 4 and 12 years old.
- Try a new type of travel experience;
- Admire views of the Arrádida Mountains and one of the most beautiful bays in the world;
- Visit the Livramento Market, rated as one of the 10 world’s best;
- Enjoy lunch in Setúbal at a traditional fisherman’s restaurant.
What to Expect
After crossing Lisbon’s old bridge, travel along the coast to the Arrábida Mountain Range where you can see the breath-taking views of the Sado estuary, which is listed as one of the most beautiful bays of the world. Driving down the Arrábida Mountain arrival at the city of Setúbal, where you will visit the Livramento Market that was established in 1930.
In June/2015 by USA Today Travel (Food & Wine), considered this market as one of the 10 best fish markets of the world. The market’s distinctive tiled walls, called “Azulejos”, comprised of 5,700 decorative tile pieces, the wall panels measure about 1,259 square feet and depict scenes of everyday local activities such as fishing and farming. You will see an assortment of local seafood laid out on counters and get to know how fish actually look like…
Sardines are a favourite at the market. According to the Portuguese National Tourist Office, 13 sardines per second are consumed in Portugal during the month of June.
To end your experience, and before heading back to Lisbon, you will lunch at a typical family run fisherman´s restaurant where you will eat a delicious and traditional Mediterranean meal.
- Pick-up and drop off at a hotel or cruise port in Lisbon;
- Transportation by air-conditioned car or van;
- Traditional fisherman’s lunch;
- Private guide;
What's Not Included
Any other items not mentioned in the description.
Know Before You Go
- The tour might be cancelled if unsafe/severe weather conditions occur;
- You must bring: comfortable shoes, sunscreen, and warm clothing. Even in summer bring a pullover or jacket;
- At time of booking, hotel/Airbnb etc. clients must provide the following information at time of booking: hotel name and address;
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, disembarkation time and re-boarding time;
- The sequence of the mentioned places can be changed according to weather conditions.